Communications & Events Project Request
The first step in any communications/marketing project is to think through its goals and objectives. Please carefully consider what you hope to achieve and what key messages you need to communicate to your audience.
Once you have discussed these objectives with appropriate stakeholders in your office, submit the project request form below. The KU Law Office of Communications will confirm your request and, depending on the complexity of your project, schedule an initial consultation or kick-off meeting.
- All projects must be requested at least 2 weeks before the desired due date.
- Major projects like viewbooks, newsletters and brochures must be requested at least 8 weeks in advance.
- Projects related to events should be initiated at least 12 weeks in advance.
- Be sensitive to the academic cycle. At the peak of the fall and spring semesters, we have limited capacity to absorb new projects. Plan ahead.
- The 10-Step Project Process will be used as the guideline for all projects.
10-Step Project Process
Step 1: Submit Communications & Events Project Request form
Step 2: Communications confirms within 2 business days and schedules kickoff meeting to discuss project scope, messaging strategy, tasks and deadlines
Step 3: Communications prepares Project Brief, Deliverables List and Timeline
Editorial & Creative Production
Step 4: Message and asset collection/creation
Step 5: Content and design | 1st draft
Step 6: Client review of 1st draft
Step 7: Content and design refinement | 2nd draft
Step 8: Final client review
Final Delivery & Quality Control
Step 9: Deliverables completed with final review for accuracy and brand compliance
Step 10: Project launched through planned delivery channels.
Questions? Contact Ashley Hocking at email@example.com.