The Recursivity of Reform: China’s Amended Labor Contract Law (with Qiaoyan Huang), 37 Fordham International Law Review __ (2014); Of Enterprise Principles and Corporate Groups: Does Corporate Law Reach Human Rights?, 56 Columbia Journal of Transnational Law __ (2013); “Beyond Regulation: A Comparative Look at State-Centric Corporate Social Responsibility & the Law in China,” 46 Vanderbilt Transnational Law Journal 375 (2013); “Corporate Governance as Risk Regulation in China: A Comparative View of Risk Oversight, Risk Management, and Accountability,” 4 European Journal of Risk Regulation 463 (2012); "Theories of Corporate Groups: Corporate Identity Reconceived," 42 Seton Hall Law Review 879 (2012); "'Enlightened Shareholder Value': Corporate Governance Beyond the Shareholder-Stakeholder Divide," 36 Journal of Corporation Law 59 (2010); "From Contracts to Compliance? An Early Look at Implementation Under China’s New Labor Legislation," 23 Columbia Journal of Asian Law 35 (2009), reprinted in Obligations and Property Rights in China (Perry Keller, ed., 2011, Ashgate); Labor Dispute Resolution in China: Implications for Labor Rights and Legal Reform (University of California, Berkeley: Institute for East Asian Studies, 2003).
- “Government Voluntary Clubs: A Comparative Look at Regulatory Innovation,” Fudan University, School of International Relations and Public Affairs, July 1, 2013.
- “Proposed Changes to the Kansas Revised Limited Liability Company Act,” Recent Developments in the Law Continuing Legal Education Program, May 31, 2013.
- “Corporate Governance as Risk Regulation in China: A Comparative View of Risk Oversight, Risk Management, and Accountability,” American Association of Law Schools (AALS) Annual Meeting, Section on Business Associations panel on Business Associations and Governance in Emerging Economies, Jan. 5, 2013.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility, Law, and the State: The PRC Approach in Comparative Perspective,” Institute for U.S.-China Issues, University of Oklahoma China Faculty Forum, Oct. 5, 2011.
- “Corporate Social Responsibility as Collaborative Governance? The PRC Approach in Comparative Perspective”, Fudan University, School of International Relations and Public Affairs, Conference on “Collaborative Governance in Mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong: Trends, Issues and Perspectives,” June 17, 2011.
- "Labor Law Reform in China: Is it Working?” Indiana University Research Center for Chinese Politics & Business (RCCPB), symposium on "Chinese Workers Under Threat or Threat to U.S. Workers?" Bloomington, Ind., March 31, 2010.
- “Enlightened Shareholder Value, Risk Management and Corporate Law,” Loyola University of Chicago, Conference on Risk Management and Corporate Governance, Oct. 1, 2009.
Comparative corporate governance, private regulation, comparative labor and employment law and corporate social responsibility.
J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2001; M.A., Indiana University-Bloomington, 1997; B.A., Russian Language & Literature, Chinese Language & Literature, summa cum laude, Indiana University-Bloomington, 1995.
New York 2009, Indiana 2004 (inactive), Iowa 2001 (inactive)
Visiting Scholar, Zhejiang University School of Law, June 2011; Visiting Lecturer, Zhongshan (Sun Yat Sen) University, 2008, 2011; Visiting Assistant Professor, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2008-2010; Associate, Baker & Daniels, LLP, Indianapolis, 2004-2008; Associate, Davis, Brown, Koehn, Shors & Roberts PC, Des Moines, 2001-2002, 2003-2004; CAPS Research Fellow, University of Iowa, Center for Asian Pacific Studies, 2003-2004; Clerk, Judge Robert W. Pratt, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa, 2002-2003.
American Bar Association, Section of International Law, Section of Business Law; New York State Bar Association; American Society of International Law.
Mandarin Chinese, Cantonese, Russian.