- Assistant Director for Public & Technical Services
Pam Crawford came to the Wheat Law Library in 1995 as the Electronic Services/Government Documents Librarian, a position reorganized in 2001 to become Outreach Services. She was named Head of Public Services in 2006 and became Assistant Director for Public & Technical Services in January 2016. She is the webmaster of the Wheat Law Library website and was a contributing webmaster of the Kansas Supreme Court and Court of Appeals Opinions website from 1996 - 2019. Crawford conducts online legal research training, edits both print and online publications, and is active in national, regional and state library associations.
- Legal information services to the public
Assistant Director of Public & Technical Services, Wheat Law Library, 2016-present; Head of Public Services, Wheat Law Library, 2006-2015; Outreach Services Librarian, Wheat Law Library, 2001-2006; Electronic Services/Government Documents Librarian, Wheat Law Library, 1995-2001; Evening Reference Librarian, Mabee Library, Washburn University, 1999-2001; Evening Librarian, Topeka Technical College, 1998-1999; Government Documents Library Assistant II, Washburn Law Library, 1990-1995; Library Assistant at various public, school, and academic libraries, 1977-1989.
University of Kansas School of Law, Wheat Law Library (1995-present); Kansas Supreme Court and Court of Appeals Opinions (co-webmaster 1996-2019); Kansas Judicial Branch (1995-2007); University of Kansas School of Law website (1995-1999).
Selected Publications —
- Index to Law School Alumni Publications (v. 3, 4, and 5; 1998-present)
- "Electronic Resources," chapter 13 of the Kansas Legal Research and Reference Guide, 2nd edition (1998)
- U.S. Government Directories, 1982-1995 (1998)
- Web Publications: Library research guides (2011- ) "Kansas Legal Forms," "International Trade Law," "Federal Courts," "Contracts," "Cite-Checking," “Trial Advocacy,” “Sports Law,” “SJD Student Resources” and "Basic Guide to Legal Research"
Selected Presentations —
- “Staying Up to Date in Times of Change: Aligning the Modern Law Library with Larger Institutional Goals,” co-presenter at Mid-America Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting, Kansas City, MO, October 2015
- “Taking the Fright out of Finding Government Information,” co-presenter at the Kansas Library Association Annual Meeting in Wichita, KS, October 2014
- "Tips, Quips and Acting -- In the Library," at Mid-America Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting, Lawrence, KS, November 2011
- "I'm Not a Packrat...I'm Preserving Library History!" at Mid-America Association of Law Libraries Annual Meeting, Fayetteville, AR, October 2008
American Association of Law Libraries (webmaster for LISP SIS, 2004-2018; AALLNET Advisory Committee, 2000-2001; Sec/Treas of GD-SIS, 1998-2000; Local Arrangements webmaster, 1998;) American Library Association, 2000-2010, 2015-2022; Mid-America Association of Law Libraries (Secretary, 2008-2010; Service to the Public Committee, 2005 - 2015 (Chair 2005-07, 2010-11); Nominations Committee, 2010-11; KS News Liaison, 1997-present; By-laws Committee, 2002-2003; Membership Committee, 2001-2002; Pro Bono Committee, 1999-2000); Northeast Kansas Library System Executive Board (Vice-Pres 2011-12, Treasurer 2012-2015, Academic Member-at-Large 2009-2015); Southwestern Association of Law Libraries, 2008-2012; Kansas Library Association (Sec/Treas of GoDoRT, 1996-1997 and 2002-2004; webmaster for ILL Roundtable, 2004-2018); Friends of the KU Wheat Law Library (Sec/Treas, 1996-2004)