Career Resources for Students
The KU Law Career Services Office is dedicated to preparing our students for meaningful and successful careers. In addition to career counseling and opportunities to connect with KU Law alumni, the CSO offers a wide range of professional development programming and training resources.
Review the resources on this page to learn how to prepare application materials, develop professionalism and fine-tune networking skills.
Upcoming CSO programs are posted on the Career Services calendar. Students are encouraged to schedule an appointment with Heather Spielmaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stacey Blakeman (email@example.com) to discuss career strategy.
CSO Boot Camp
The new CSO Boot Camp is a series of videos, instructional handouts and work samples designed to give students all the skills they need to launch the career they want. The virtual training program covers the application process, interviewing, networking and more. Check back often for new videos and resources.
Boot Camp I: Application Materials
- How to Prepare a Legal Resume (video)
- How to Prepare a Cover Letter (video)
- How to Prepare References and Letters of Recommendation (video)
Boot Camp II: Networking Skills
- Crafting Your Elevator Pitch (video)
- Networking Events in Four Easy Steps (video)
- Using Virtual Networking Tools (video)
Boot Camp III: Job Searches
- How to Conduct an Out-of-State Job Search (video)
- 1L Summer Legal Experiences: How to Find Them (video)
- 2L Summer Legal Experiences: How to Find Them (video)
- Behavioral and Situational Interviewing (video)
- Virtual Mock Interview Tip Sheet (PDF)
- Virtual Interview Tips (video)
- Sample Employer Evaluation Worksheet (PDF)
- Tough Interview Questions (video)