The Dru Mort Sampson Center for Diversity and Inclusion
The Dru Mort Sampson Center for Diversity and Inclusion is a programmatic, co-curricular center that helps KU Law meet its mission and the changing needs of the legal profession by fostering and promoting diversity within the law school community. The Center encourages community engagement while helping students adjust to the demands of law school.
The Center will:
- Host speakers addressing diversity, equity and inclusion topics
- Provide training to students, faculty and staff on issues relating to diversity and inclusion
- Support the efforts of the Dean’s Diversity Leadership Council and the Faculty and Staff Committee on Diversity & Inclusion
The Center was established in 2019 with a generous gift from KU Law alumni Bill Sampson and Drucilla Mort Sampson.
Additional information about programming supporting diversity, equity and inclusion at KU Law is available on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at KU Law page.
Board of Advisors
A Board of Advisors provides guidance on the center’s activities. Members of the advisory board include:
- Sheryl Willert, partner and former managing partner, Williams, Kastner & Gibbs
- Jeff Johnson, Lora and Russ Talbot Endowed President and Chief Executive Officer, Iowa State Alumni Association
- John Bullock, L’91, partner, Stevens & Brand
- Lua Yuille, KU School of Law
- Leah Terranova, associate dean for academic and student affairs, KU School of Law
- Drucilla Mort Sampson, L’96, ex officio board member