The Dru Mort Sampson Center for Diversity and Inclusion
The Dru Mort Sampson Center for Diversity and Inclusion is a programmatic, co-curricular center that helps KU Law meet its mission and the changing needs of the legal profession by fostering and promoting diversity within the law school community. The Center encourages community engagement while helping students adjust to the demands of law school.
- Hosts speakers addressing diversity, equity and inclusion topics
- Provides training to students, faculty and staff on issues relating to diversity and inclusion
- Supports the efforts of the Dean’s Diversity Leadership Council and the Faculty and Staff Committee on Diversity & Inclusion
The Center was established in 2019 with a generous gift from KU Law alumni Bill Sampson and Drucilla Mort Sampson.
Additional information about programming supporting diversity, equity and inclusion at KU Law is available on the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at KU Law page.
Board of Advisors
A Board of Advisors provides guidance on the center’s activities. Members of the advisory board include:
- Drucilla Mort Sampson, L’96, ex officio board member
- Sheryl Willert, chair, partner and former managing partner, Williams, Kastner & Gibbs
- John Bullock, L’91, partner, Stevens & Brand
- Jordan Carter, director of diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging
- Jamila Jefferson-Jones, associate dean for diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging
- Jeff Johnson, Lora and Russ Talbot Endowed president and chief executive officer, Iowa State Alumni Association
- Leah Terranova, associate dean for academic and student affairs, KU School of Law
- Lua Yuille, KU School of Law
Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Earl B. Shurtz Professor of Law