Office of Communications
The KU Law Office of Communications promotes the life and work of the law school, and assists faculty, staff and select student organizations with marketing, media relations and event planning.
We tell the KU Law story through the law school’s website, blog and social media channels. We also produce an annual alumni magazine (KU Law Magazine) and a monthly alumni e-newsletter (the Dean's Note).
Services for the KU Law community include:
- Strategic communications planning
- Media relations and news releases
- Feature stories
- Design and branding services/consultation
- Internal and external newsletters
- Website content management
- Social media content
- Event planning and promotion
- Coordination of photography, video and audio
Faculty Media Experts
If you are a reporter who would like to interview a member of the KU Law faculty, please contact Julie Francisco, director of external affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications and Event Project Request
To request a communications or marketing project, use the Communications & Event Project Request form.
Please consider the goals and objectives of the project, what you hope to achieve, and the key messages you would like to communicate to your audience. After you have submitted the project request form, the Office of Communications will confirm your request, and, depending on the complexity of your project, schedule a planning meeting.
- All projects must be requested at least 2 weeks before the desired due date.
- Major projects like viewbooks, brochures and newsletters should be requested at least 8 weeks in advance.
- Projects related to events should be initiated at least 12 weeks in advance.
- Be sensitive to the academic cycle. At the peak of the fall and spring semesters, we have limited ability to absorb new projects. Plan ahead.