Dates & Deadlines
Keep up with important dates and deadlines from the day you’re admitted to your first day at KU Law.
Deadlines and important dates for students applying for admission to the KU Law Class of 2026 are listed below. Please check back for updates.
- September 1, 2022: Application available. Visit law.ku.edu/apply.
- October 1, 2022: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available. Visit fafsa.gov.
- February 15, 2023: Priority deadline for scholarship consideration
- March 1, 2023: Priority application deadline
- March 1, 2023: Priority date to file the FAFSA. File earlier if you can.
- March 15, 2023: Seat deposit due (summer starters)
- March 31-April 1, 2023: Admitted Students Weekend. Check back for registration information.
- April 15, 2023: First seat deposit due (fall starters)
- May 18-22, 2023: New Student Orientation and Lawyering Skills Courses (summer starters)
- June 15, 2023: Second seat deposit due (fall starters)
- August 17-23, 2023: Orientation/Lawyering Skills Courses (fall starters)
- August 21-23, 2023: Orientation/Lawyering Skills Courses (summer starters)
- August 24, 2023: Classes begin (all students)
- August 25, 2023: Admitted students - final transcripts due to LSAC
Visit the Academic Calendar for a list of semester start and end dates, exam dates and academic breaks.