An aerial view of the KU campus at sunrise

Housing & Child Care Resources

Living in Lawrence is one of the great benefits of a KU Law education. Follow our guide to find housing and secure child care in Lawrence.

On-Campus Housing

Although most students choose to live off-campus, the University of Kansas offers on-campus housing for graduate students. Options include apartment living at Stouffer Place Apartments and Jayhawker Towers, as well as residence halls. Visit Housing & Residence Life for a full list of on-campus housing.

Off-Campus Housing

Many students choose to live off-campus and find housing easily. There are many apartment complexes and other rental properties in Lawrence. 

KU Graduate Studies provides a housing guide specifically for graduate students. The guide includes an overview of local apartment complexes with breakdowns of amenities and pricing.

KU Graduate School Housing Guide (.pdf)

Incoming students looking for a law student roommate are encouraged to join the incoming class Facebook group to share housing information.

Child Care

The University of Kansas offers high-quality, on-campus child care services at the Hilltop Child Development Center. Hilltop is across the street from Green Hall and gives priority to children of KU students for enrollment. Rates are on a sliding scale and may be subsidized by scholarships. We encourage you to sign up as soon as possible to ensure a spot for your child.