How to Apply: Visiting Students
Students attending another ABA-accredited law school may take up to two semesters of courses at KU Law. Please review the application instructions, admissions requirements and policies on this page if you are interested in attending KU Law as a visiting student.
Information about J.D. program tuition for resident and nonresident students, as well as residency requirements, is on the Tuition & Fees page.
Application Instructions and Attendance Requirements
Applicants must be current students in good standing at an ABA-accredited law school.
Students may apply by:
- Submitting a visiting student application through LSAC.org including the application materials listed below; or
- Submitting documents directly to the KU Law Office of Admissions:
Green Hall, Suite 103
1535 W. 15th St.
Lawrence, KS 66045
Applications should include:
- Completed application for admission
- Application fee of $55
- A brief statement stating your reason for wishing to visit KU Law
- A letter of good standing from the dean of your current law school stating that you are in good standing, that the current law school will accept the credits earned at KU Law, and that the Juris Doctor will be awarded by the home institution
- A copy of transcripts of all completed law school courses and grades