KU Law Updates and Resources
Updated on July 8 at 1:35 p.m.
We are glad to have you as part of our KU Law community this year.
Information about law school operations will be posted on this page. Please visit protect.ku.edu for the latest information about KU's response to COVID-19.
- Consistent with new federal, state and county guidelines, the University of Kansas is rescinding its mask policy and will now make masks optional – not required – for all individuals on the Lawrence and Edwards campuses, effective May 27, 2021. Exceptions include public transportation and campus healthcare facilities, which will still require masks. Read the mask policy update from Protect KU.
- The most updated information about fall 2021 planning for university operations is available through Protect KU: Preparing for Fall 2021.
- Protect KU is the best source for KU information about vaccines. Visit protect.ku.edu/vaccine for updates.
- Please check the library schedule for current building and law library hours.
Many KU Law services are operating remotely, with some offices remaining open in-person during business hours. Here’s how you can reach us.
Dean's Office and Law School Administration
The Dean’s Office and Law School Administration Office (202) will remain open and partially staffed 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday–Friday.
For inquiries, requests for office supplies, or other general law school matters, please call 785-864-4550 or email the specific contact listed below.
For more information, contact our office:
- Crystal Mai, associate dean for administration: email@example.com
- Michele Rutledge, dean’s assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Brown, director of finance: email@example.com
- Yolanda Huggins, faculty support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janette Roundy, faculty support: email@example.com
Wheat Law Library
Visit the About the Library page for information about available services and policy adjustments.
For more information, contact our office:
- Chris Steadham, director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pam Crawford, assistant director for public & technical services: email@example.com
- Blake Wilson, assistant director for instructional & faculty services: firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic & Student Affairs and the Registrar's Office
The Office of Academic & Student Affairs along with the Registrar’s Office is operating remotely. During this time, our goal will be, as it always is, to support and counsel our students, connect them with resources, and offer academic advising and enrollment assistance.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, contact us by email.
- Leah Terranova, assistant dean for academic and student affairs: email@example.com
- Vicki Palmer, registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jen Kent, assistant to registrar: email@example.com
The Office of Admissions is operating remotely. During this time our goal will be as it always is, to educate prospective students about the programs and opportunities available here at KU Law, to evaluate applications in a timely manner, and to welcome admitted students into the next class.
If you’d like to schedule a virtual appointment with an admissions professional, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 785-864-9210. If you’d like to view a virtual tour of Green Hall and view other videos featuring our students, professors and alumni, visit the KU Law Video Series webpage.
You may also contact us directly by email:
- Steven Freedman, assistant dean of admissions: email@example.com
- Bryanna Hanschu, director of recruiting and prelaw programming: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Career Services Office is operating remotely. During this time, our goals will not change: we strive to help students develop and execute career strategies, and to connect employers to our fantastic candidates.
For Students: Extensive Career Services programming is available virtually. Check Symplicity, Dean Mai’s KU Law Weekly Updates emails, the CSO Student Resources page and the KU Law Career Services Facebook page for more information.
For Employers: The CSO is not able to host employers on-site for interviews or presentations at this time. Please contact the Career Services Office for more information.
To schedule a virtual meeting or for additional information, please contact our office:
- Heather Spielmaker, assistant dean of career services: email@example.com
- Stacey Blakeman, director of career services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meredith Wiggins, assistant director of career services: email@example.com
Kris Koenig, IT coordinator, is available by email or phone: firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-9267. To report a problem or to make an IT-related request, email email@example.com with a description of the issue or your request.
Communications and Events
The Office of Communications is operating remotely. If you’d like to work with the office on a new project or request support for an upcoming virtual event, use our Project Request Form.