Amii Castle teaches electronic discovery at KU’s law school and business law at KU’s business school. Castle brings a wealth of knowledge from private practice and unique perspectives from the federal bench. Since graduating law school in 1997, Castle served as a law clerk for three federal judges: Judge Pasco M. Bowman, Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals; District Judge Carlos Murguia, District of Kansas; and Chief Magistrate Judge James P. O’Hara, District of Kansas. In addition to clerking, Castle practiced law in the private sector at both plaintiff and defense firms, specializing in commercial and class-action litigation in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
- Electronic Discovery
J.D., University of Kansas, 1997; B.S., University of Kansas, 1994.
Adjunct lecturer, Washburn University, Electronic Discovery; Lathrop & Gage LC; Walters Bender Strohbehn & Vaughn PC; Douthit Frets Rouse Gentile & Rhodes LLC
- A Comprehensive Overview: 2015 Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, 64 U. Kan. L. Rev. 837
- Rule 26(b)(1) Proportionality Amendment: Three Outcomes will be Contrary to the Advisory Committee’s Stated Intent, Including Who Bears the Burden of Proving Proportionality, 38 N. Car. Cent. L. Rev. 1
- Preparing for Your Rule 26(f) Conference When ESI is Involved—And Isn’t ESI Always Involved?, 62 The Federal Lawyer 10
- Requesting and Producing ESI Under the Amended Federal Rules: Which Form Is Right For You?, 39 Am. J. Trial Advocacy 1
- Ready, Set . . . Proportionality! Preservation of Electronically Stored Information Under the Proposed Amended Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, 84 J. Kan. B. Ass’n 6
- Avoid Being the Early Worm:Early Service of Rule 34 Document Requests Under the Proposed Amended Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, 71 J. Mo. B. Ass’n 4
- Avoiding Sanctions Under Amended Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 37(e): Issue a Litigation Hold, Especially When ESI is Involved, 71 J. Mo. Bar. Ass’n 6 (2015), reprinted in 87 Oklahoma Bar Journal 2
- National eDiscovery Leadership Institute: Current Topics on E-Discovery and Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Mo. Org. of Def. Lawyers (Winter 2016)