Pamela Keller joined the KU Law faculty in 1999 as an instructor in the Lawyering program with extensive practice experience. She graduated from the KU School of Law in 1993, Order of the Coif, and was the Note and Comment Editor of the Kansas Law Review. After serving two years as a law clerk for the Hon. John W. Lungstrum, U.S. District Court, District of Kansas, she joined Ice Miller in Indianapolis and worked for the firm for nine years. Her primary area of practice has been labor and employment law, including employment litigation, as well as advising clients in traditional labor matters and representing clients in administrative matters. She has served as director of the Lawyering Skills Program since 2006 and received the Robert A. Schroeder Teaching Fellowship in 2012.
- Judicial Field Placement Program
- Lawyering Skills
- Moot Court
J.D., Kansas, 1993; B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1990.
Judicial Field Placement Program, Lawyering Skills, Moot Court
Kansas 2011, Indiana 1995, New York 1994.
Law Clerk, Judge John W. Lungstrum, U.S. District Court of Kansas, 1993 to 1995; Ice Miller, 1995-2005; University of Kansas School of Law, 1999-present.
Legal reasoning and writing, teaching methods.
American Bar Association; Kansas Bar Association; Kansas Women Attorneys Association; Association of Legal Writing Directors; Legal Writing Institute.
- "Balancing Employer Business Interests and Employee Privacy Interests: A Survey of Kansas Intrusion on Seclusion Cases in the Employment Context," 61(5) University of Kansas Law Review 983-1020 (June 2013).
- "Substance & Style: Comes Now Must Go Now," 83(2) Journal of the Kansas Bar Association 16 (February 2014).
- "Substance & Style: It’s 2013, Have You Checked Your Typography Lately?" 82(6) Journal of the Kansas Bar Association 214-15 (June 2013).
- "Substance & Style: Tell the Story of the Professional Lawyer," 81(8) Journal of the Kansas Bar Assocition 10, 15 (September 2012).
- "Kansas Employment Law Survey," University of Kansas Law Review (May 2007) (with Elinor P. Schroeder).
- “Focus on the A in CRAC: Developing Students’ Ability to Draw Inferences and Fill the 'Explanation Gap' in Their Application of Law to Fact,” Southeastern Regional Legal Writing Conference, Stetson College of Law, Gulfport, FL (April 26, 2014).
- “Writing Tips for the Litigator,” Law Over Easy Series: Civil Litigation, Kansas City, MO (March 6, 2014).
- “Legal Writing Refresher,” Sam A. Crow Inn of Court, Topeka, KS (Jan. 9, 2014) (with Jeffrey Jackson, Washburn University).
- “Pump Up the Volume (Without More Noise): Tips for More Effective Legal Writing,” Recent Developments in the Law, University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, KS (June 2011).
- “Making First-Year Assignments More ‘Real’,” Empire State Legal Writing Conference, St. John’s University School of Law, New York, NY (March 2011) (with Joyce Rosenberg).
- "Integrating Legal Writing and Legal Research: Collaborating With Librarians to Improve How Legal Research Is Taught," 2010 Biennial Conference of the Legal Writing Institute, Marco Island, FL (June 2010).
- "Podcasting: Teaching Outside the Classroom," Course Redesign Colloquium, University of Kansas (May 2010).
- "Incorporating a Mediation into a Second Semester Lawyering Course," Rocky Mountain Legal Writing Conference, Boyd School of Law/UNLV (March 2007).
- "Feedback on Assignments: How to Get It and Make the Best Use of It," Suffolk University School of Law podcast series on transitioning from 1L to summer legal work, available on Suffolk's iTunes U site (May 2008).