Admitted Students Portal
Welcome to KU Law!
Congratulations on your admission to the Class of 2021! On this site, you'll find many ways to connect with the KU Law community and navigate the start of your legal career at Green Hall.
COMPLETE the First Day Assignment for Fall Start Lawyering Skills class:
- Go to http://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts and read the information contained in the sections below. Please also watch the short video on state and federal courts at https://www.fjc.gov/node/1616326.
- Federal Courts and the Public
- Court Role and Structure
- Comparing Federal and State Courts
- About the U.S. Courts of Appeal
- Read Chapters 1-3 in your Lawyering Skills textbook--A Lawyer Writes: A Practical Guide to Legal Analysis by Christine Coughlin, Joan Malmud & Sandy Patrick (Carolina Academic Press 2013) (ISBN 978-1-61163-397-9).*
*The KU bookstore will likely not have this book available by orientation. If you are unable to purchase the book through other means before orientation, we can provide you with hard copies of the assigned chapters during orientation.
VISIT Green Hall. It's easy to schedule a tour anytime.
IMMERSE YOURSELF in the KU Law experience by reading the KU Law Blog.
CONNECT with us by joining the Class of 2021 Facebook group. We strongly encourage you to join us as we will be posting events, reminders, and other important information. The group will be created in early January, so check back soon for updates!
CONTACT a Student Ambassador to get a student's perspective on life at KU Law.
FIND HOUSING. Locating housing in Lawrence is typically very easy. First, we host a Roommate Finder where you can post and respond to roommate requests. Second, we have posted links to apartment finding websites.
LEARN about life at KU Law and Lawrence by reading last year's Admitted Students Guide.
ENROLL NOW. Ready to join the Class of 2021? Submit your seat deposit using our online response form.