Keith G. Meyer
- E.S. & Tom W. Hampton Professor Emeritus of Law
An honor graduate of the University of Iowa College of Law, Keith Meyer joined the KU Law faculty in 1969. In 1986 he was named the first E.S. and Tom W. Hampton Professor of Law in recognition of his outstanding scholarship in shaping the field of agricultural law. His work in agricultural law and commercial law is known and highly regarded, nationally and internationally. He has been president of the American Agricultural Law Association, chair of the Association of American Law Schools Committee on Agricultural Law, an active member of the ABA Forum Committee on Lawyers and Agriculture and the American Law Institute, and editor-in-chief of the Journal of Agricultural Taxation and Law. Meyer is a dedicated teacher, interested in and accessible to students, and was the recipient of the law school's Dean Frederick J. Moreau Award in 1999. He retired from full-time classroom teaching in 2010.
Note Editor, Iowa Law Review
- Agricultural law
- Commercial law
Iowa 1967, D.C. 1968, Kansas 1970
Clerk, Hon. Carl McGowan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, 1967-68; Associate Professor, Georgetown 1968-69; Associate Professor, Kansas 1969-73; Professor since 1973; Visiting Professor, Iowa 1975-76; Visiting Professor, University of Vienna, Spring 1993 & 1998; Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Kansas 1994-95; Visiting Professor, University of Wales, Swansee, Fall 1996; Visiting Professor, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, Spring 1997.
Selected Publications —
- "Agricultural Law in a Nutshell" (with Pederson) (1995)
- "Agricultural Law Cases and Materials" (with Pedersen, Thorson & Davidson) (1985)
- "Agricultural Credit Institutions, Operations, and Guarantees in the United States," (with Grossman), 46 American Journal of Comparative Law 275 (1998)
- "A Primer on Purchase Money Security Interests Under Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code," 50 Kansas Law Review 143 (2001)
- "Should the Unique Treatment of Agricultural Liens Continue?" 24 Indiana Law review 315 (1991)
ALI; Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Agricultural Taxation & Law (WG&L), 1982-92; President, American Agricultural Law Association, 1985-86, Board of Directors, 1983-86; Member, Kansas Supreme Court Mandatory CLE Commission, 1986-89.